Hello from northern MN! Returning after a 6 year break with 24 RIR's and a guard goose (actually 2 for now)

justbiz53

In the Brooder
May 23, 2022
It's so good to be back. I hope I can find some old friends again here.

This site has been invaluable to me in the past. Have learned a lot but forgotten so much after such a long break.

I have 24 RIR's with 2 guard geese (because they would not send just one) Those BIG girls eat a lot. We've got to get a chicken tractor built ASAP to get them out to the grass. It's a blessing to nurture creatures and they return so much to us.

Chickens are amazing. Mine will be layers. We are not farmers but we love animals and do gardening. I am pushing 70 and pretty tired but still moving forward as we raise our adopted grandson ( who is now 6 yrs old) and I'm training (or trying to) his new GoldenDoodle puppy, keep a couple of cats happy and ward off the predators: foxes and flyers were especially a problem in the past. I'm a retired nurse who does the books and a whole lot more. My husband left contracting and works now sellling real estate.

We live on a back 40 acres right up next to hundreds of acres of wild land , so we have seen wolves, bears, coyotes and there are a few cougars around I hear. We built our home here 19 years ago.

Originally, about 11 or 12 years ago I came upon BYC while Googling a question. I landed here and got hooked fast! So glad to be back.

Back
Top Bottom