Hello from Northumberland, England!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by tigramaster, Nov 8, 2012.

1. tigramaster

tigramaster New Egg

Nov 8, 2012
    Hi, Ive been a constant lurker on this forum since I got chickens last spring and its really helped my calm my worries and help me with my prolems so I thought I should make a proper profile.
    I have 7 silkie hens, 3 golden (Dallas, Texas, Lola) 4 white silkie hens (Tiffany, Amber, Trixie, Dixie) and 2 cockerels 1 white silkie (Bob) and 1 god knows what - bought eggs from ebay and whatever he is he is not a cuckoo silkie, we call him Emu because thats exactly what he looks like poor lamb. I restocked the flock with 5 new girls after I lost 2 and my new girls just dont seem as happy as my original ones, they dont seem to want to stray far from the run (they have free run of the gardens and fields) and when I go out to see them they cluster together and back off while my old flock come running over to me! I may be expecting too much after only a fortnight so Ill see what happens. Nice to meet you all!

2. Flock Leader

Flock Leader Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2012
    Israel
    Hi there! I'm pretty new on the forum too, but have been using it for ages!

I love silkies, you're so lucky to have them, I think I'll ask my husband to get me some for my birthday (or better, for our daughter for HER birthday, it's sooner [​IMG])

Anyhow, I think you should give them time. We got some ex-bats (White Leghorns) and they were in very poor condition compared to our home-grown chickens, and stayed in the coop almost the entire time even when we let them out. But a couple of months later... lo and behold, they are now our most active, outgoing and curious birds, and roam all over the property!

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, tigramaster, and [​IMG]! Happy to have you here! Best of luck with your silkies!

5. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

6. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

7. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    [​IMG]

Glad you are here!

8. Chicken Happy

Chicken Happy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2012
    North Idaho
    Greetings from Idaho!
    Maybe give the flock treats...slink off to the newbies and give them better treats. Try it for a bit...they may come around.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  9. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    :frow & :welcome from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

10. chickens12

chickens12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2012
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by