1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from Northwest Kansas

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by agoobertuesday, Mar 5, 2014.

1. agoobertuesday

agoobertuesday New Egg

Mar 5, 2014
    Hi. :) My name is Kathy and I've been following you for a while on facebook. What an amazing site! I should first say how glad I am to have found you.
    My husband and I live in the northwest corner of Kansas on a 20 acre plot at the edge of a small town. In an effort to be a bit more self sufficient and probably a bit of empty nest syndrome, we've been considering a lot of different avenues including a few cattle, a few horses, a summer pig or two, and a small flock of chickens and ducks. The cattle and horses we've got some experience in, but poultry is a new ballgame for us. We are still in the planning stages and I'm sure I'll have loads of questions. I'll take some time to look thru your current threads and hopefully won't ask questions you've already answered hundreds of times. [​IMG]
    As far as 'us', Tim and I have been together for 32 years this month, have two grown children (21 and 27), five grandchildren all under five, and an older lab mix dog with plans on getting another dog this spring. I'm a self-employed sign maker and my husband works an overseas offshore job where he is gone 5 weeks/home 4.
    I look forward to learning a lot here and hope I can be of help to others at some point when I learn something about chickens [​IMG]

2. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

Alright Kathy, [​IMG] it's great to have you joining the BYC flock [​IMG]

BYC has a really nice learning center [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi Kathy, glad you joined the flock. The Learning Center is a great place to get answers to questions you didn't know you had yet.

4. cluckcluckgirl

cluckcluckgirl Queen of the Coop Premium Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Tending to my chickens
    [​IMG] Glad you joined!!

5. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Definitely do some reading in the learning center here on BYC. (tab at the top of this page). Lots of good reads on all aspects of poultry keeping.

Great to have you aboard and enjoy BYC!

6. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Good luck with your poultry projects!

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hi, Kathy and Tim, welcome to BYC.

8. agoobertuesday

agoobertuesday New Egg

Mar 5, 2014
    Thanks for the warm welcome. :) I'm amazed at all the information here!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by