Hello from Nova Scotia, Canada

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by PetMomSuzanne, May 9, 2016.

1. PetMomSuzanne

PetMomSuzanne New Egg

May 6, 2016
    Hi, just making the initial contact as a new member. My then 12-year old son had tried his hand at raising a few chickens, but he lost interest when he realized he wasn't going to make millions selling a few eggs :). So my daughter and I took over, we now have 2 roosters/coops with 9 chickens each. I thoroughly enjoy them, I hadn't realized they had such personalities. I always say I don't have a flock of chickens, I have a herd, as they're free range (we have 5 acres), and whenever they see me in the garden, I have 10 - 15 chickens running flat out to see what I'm doing! I also no longer have a compost pile, it's a chicken feeding station as any kitchen waste gets picked over, about the only thing they don't eat are citrus rinds....even the tea bags seem to disappear.....

2. TheKindaFarmGal

TheKindaFarmGal Chicken Obsessed

May 4, 2016
    Somewhere in the Universe
    [​IMG] Hey there! Great to have you with us. Chickens are great! Hope you enjoy your time here!

3. Peep-Chicken

Peep-Chicken Overrun With Chickens

Jun 10, 2013
    Michigan
    My Coop
    [​IMG]
    :woot

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Suzanne. Oh my, those poor chickens are down to raiding the compost pile, they are so hungry [​IMG] I bet they prefer it to their nutritious chicken feed. What can you say, they're chickens. Welcome to Backyard chickens - so glad you joined the flock [​IMG] . You may also enjoy posting at "Canadians, check-in-here."

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    [​IMG]

CT

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by