1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from NW Louisiana

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by arconfederate, Feb 26, 2016.

1. arconfederate

arconfederate Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2016
    Minden, Louisiana
    Just wanted to say hi. I joined about 2 weeks ago when I convinced my wife that fresh eggs were a really good idea! I'm picking up 4 chicks tomorrow from the co-op, already have the brooder set up and warm. If the weather holds, I may get a good start on the coop. If you can't tell, I'm really excited to get started with my little flock! I've enjoyed reading in the forums and have picked up some good tips. Who knew you could hatch grocery store eggs??? I may try that but not now.

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! I'm sure your going to enjoy raising your chicks very much! They are so rewarding and lots of fun too. It's great to see them grow and develop their own personalities. Have you checked out the learning centre? There are lots of great articles there too that will help you keep your chicks happy, safe and healthy. Here is the link ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Wishing you the very best of luck. Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. KeyFlock

KeyFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2015
    Kansas
    [​IMG] I'm glad you decided to join us!! If you haven't already, make sure you check out the learning center, it has lots of information.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens. If you are interested in hatching grocery eggs you may want to check out the thread on "Hatching Trader Joes eggs."

1 person likes this.
  6. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  7. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - you have every reason to be excited - I do when i get new flock members! You have some great advice from fellow greeters, so all i need to do is say a big hello!

All the best
    CT

8. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft! Premium Member

[​IMG]
    There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around the run.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by