Hello from NW Ohio

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TommyTurkey, Jul 1, 2011.

1. TommyTurkey

TommyTurkey Out Of The Brooder

Jul 1, 2011
    NW Ohio
    I have been reading from the forum for quite some time now and have learned a lot about chickens, so today I thought I should just join... this year is the start of my second year keeping a small flock of chickens, currently I have an even dozen...I think they are all mixed breeds, but I can identify some by looking at the "breeds" section of BYC, great stuff...I got most of my chickens from my daughter, who teaches a 1st Grade class at an elementary school and hatches chicks every Easter to teach the kids about where there food comes from and to let them see the hatching process, then she give me some of them..... I think I'm hooked on chickens now...but my wife calls me "tommy turkey"////[​IMG] Nice to be here. I also have 5 OEGB they are BBR...cutest things I've ever seen.

2. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from FL

3. whiteflare

whiteflare Out of the blue

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    [​IMG] from Australia!

I think it's fantastic how this hatching at school thing works, I remember learning about where eggs came from the hard way [​IMG]
    No, hon, not the supermarket shelves...

Love your username, by the way [​IMG]

Hope to see you more around the forum [​IMG]

4. benjoycei

benjoycei Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Wilmington
    Hi from NC [​IMG]

5. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Hi Tommy and welcome! Glad to see another fellow Ohioan joining! I live in the Dover, New Philadelphia area in northern Tuscarawas county. I've got a flock of 19 chickens and this spring I bought my first two little baby turkey poults. I've got some nice layers "red pullets" from TSC, and a barred rock, and then some interesting breeds.....a pair of olive eggers, a Khaki colored Polish Bantam frizzle, a nice lavender orpington, some Buckeyes, which are a heritage breed.......So I've got half layers, half fun breeds.

Such a fun hobby and it's really addicting! It's sooo hard to keep the numbers down.....I always want chicks in the spring but I only have so much room. Over crowding is not a good idea with chickens. LOL

Well, take care and so glad you joined!

Sharon

6. goldfinches

goldfinches Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Maryland
    [​IMG] Tommy!

7. Luckytaz

Luckytaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2010
    Rogers, Mn.
    Welcome, from Minnesota.

8. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
  9. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    [​IMG] spent a couple of years learning in Toledo, loved that area of the state, lots of parks within an hour or so, beautiful place! [​IMG] from SE Ohio

10. jujubee

jujubee Feather Hill Farm

Mar 3, 2011
    Hi from SE Ohio [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by