1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

hello from nz. anyone know how long a peck in the eye from a nearly pullet takes to heal?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kiwibird2, Mar 25, 2013.

1. kiwibird2

kiwibird2 New Egg

Mar 24, 2013
    love my babies. have learnt not to wear shirts with diamantes on when im hanging with my newbys. am excited about joining backyard chickens even living down under I see the passion is everywhere and madness maybe. have fallen in love with the egg skelter of which you cannot buy here at the moment. love love love

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Ouch, did it peck you in the eye or another pullet? Safer to wear glasses around them, they are attracted to anything shiney. [​IMG] I don't know if there is a New Zealand thread yet but, there is for Australia. Make yourself at home here - glad to have you join the flock.

3. kiwibird2

kiwibird2 New Egg

Mar 24, 2013
    thank you. yes in my eye. and my daughters eye. twice. very cool birds tho and I am enjoying the whole experience of hatching chicks from an incubator and hanging out with them watching them grow. once famaliarized myself with byc Im sure I will find a nz forum. thank you again for the welcome.

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello, kiwibird2, and [​IMG]! Happy you joined our community! Best of luck to you and your chickens!

5. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!! [​IMG] Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by