1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from Ohio

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by cotterman, Dec 12, 2012.

1. cotterman

cotterman New Egg

Dec 12, 2012
    Ohio
    We are a new chicken family! We have a flock of 10. 8 we got as day old chicks from Ideal Poultry. They are all doing great at 3 months now!! We have 2 silver laced Wyandots, 2 Buff Brahamas, 4 Silver Seabright Bantams. We also hatched 2 out of 4 Buff Bhrama chicks in the incubator!. This has been a great family project and we look forward to collecting our first eggs!

I am quickly becoming the crazy chicken lady! We took the 2 chicks and two of the older poults to my daughter's 2nd grade class. We showed the video of the chicks hatching and lt the kids hold the chicks and the poults. It was a great learning experience and the chickens did great! They are so friendly!

What is the best way to find homes for 2 of our Silver Seabright roosters? They are very friendly we just don't need 3 roosters. Plus I think one of the Buff Babies might be a rooster. Thank You in advance for any thoughts!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]. Have you tried putting a ad on craigslist? Once you have 20 posts you can list them in the Buy Sell Trade section of BYC.

3. ImpulsiveFarmer

ImpulsiveFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2012
    Chautauqua County, NY
    [​IMG]

Beautiful birds!

There is a rehomeing thread you could post your roosters on. I don't think you need to have 20 post to post there because it's not a classified, but I could be wrong.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  4. cotterman

cotterman New Egg

Dec 12, 2012
    Ohio
    Thanks I'll look into that!

5. Death

Death Out Of The Brooder

Dec 12, 2012
    Death's Realm.
    My Coop
    Hello And [​IMG] Glad To Meet Another Newbie!

6. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

7. Death

Death Out Of The Brooder

Dec 12, 2012
    Death's Realm.
    My Coop
    Umm Thanks? Or Was It For Him?

8. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Howdy from Kansas, cotterman, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined us! Fine looking fowl! Best of luck to you!

9. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by