1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from OK

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CertifiedChaser, Sep 1, 2016.

1. CertifiedChaser

CertifiedChaser Out Of The Brooder

Sep 1, 2016
    Edmond, OK
    New to the forum (obviously) and as I cannot currently raise chickens or ducks in my area I hope to one day. In the meantime I plan on raising quail next year and was hoping maybe someone close by has any pigeons or doves for sale (squab types) as I'm also looking into raising pigeons next year as well.
    But anyway, hello everyone! I've been sneaking around on this site for a couple years now as I try and move towards a more sustainable lifestyle and I've found lots of helpful information but finally thought it was time to join since I plan on actually getting some "poultry" next year.

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    1 person likes this.
  3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great advice and links already from Redsox, so I'll just say hello!

All the best
    CT

5. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]

You will have fun on the quail links! Do check out your area...enjoy!

6. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

Never had quail but I've got 30 something pigeons and they are TONS of fun. Easy and cheap to care for as well.

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens.

8. CertifiedChaser

Sep 1, 2016
    Edmond, OK
    Thank you for the welcomes! I've read through most of those threads (as I said I've been lurking here for a while) but still, thank you for the links. A lot of people on these forums don't seem to know how to look for information and just kinda join in asking all sorts of questions that can be easily answered with a search. Anyway, thanks again for the welcomes!

9. CertifiedChaser

Sep 1, 2016
    Edmond, OK
    Also, Misha, what kind of pigeons do you raise?

10. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

I have tumblers and Fantails. The tumblers were something I acquired on a whim, while the Fantails were the first birds I purchased and the main thing I'm focusing on.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by