Hello from Oklahoma

Lilcountrgal

In the Brooder
Hey ya'll I am Lilcountrgal! I have Rhode Island Reds, 6 hens and 1 rooster. I am also a mama to 3 beautiful babies and we returned home to Oklahoma after my husband served in the US Coast Guard. We live out in the country and ate loving it. We started out with 7 Rhode Island Reds and are looking to add more to our flock! Our coop took us a weekend to build and looks more like a chicken Taj Mal hall! Look forward to the interaction

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community!

Sounds like you have a wonderful flock. I hope they always bring you great joy.

Welcome to our roost! :)

Greetings from Canadian County, Oklahoma!
I am always happy to see another Okie raising chickens. We would love to see some pictures of your flock and their palace. RRs are a great breed to start out with and I know you will do well with them. If you have any questions, this here forum is the place to ask em. Welcome to BYC!

Thank you! He is ornery at times. When I change their water and feed the ladies come running and he gets mad and will come running flapping his wings! I just puff up and flap my arms right back at him. He don't know what to think lol

Last edited:
So my one hen is broody and I allowed her to keep 2 of the eggs and sits on the most of the day and only gets up a few times to eat and drink them right back to them. It's been 3 weeks and 2 days but no baby chick's yet. Not sure if the eggs are even viable, but they definitely feel heavier. It would be the first they have hatched in their own. I have had them since they were 3 weeks old and they are now about 8 months old.

Back
Top Bottom