Hello from Oklahoma

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chickens 4 2, Mar 31, 2009.

1. chickens 4 2

chickens 4 2 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2009
    Gore, OK
    Hi everyone - I'm new to BYC. My husband & I have chickens, guineas, quail, and pheasants.[​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Glad you are here, jump right in and share your expertise!

.[​IMG]

3. chickens 4 2

Mar 27, 2009
    Gore, OK
    Thank you! Don't know about all that expertise stuff. We have about 200 chickens: Americanas, Barred Rocks, Sex Links, Buff Orpingtons, White Leghorns, Rhode Island Reds, Silkies, Sultans, Pharoah quail, Ringneck pheasants, and some danged ol noisy guineas...about 400 chicks and as soon as we get the pen built we'll have about 50 ducks.

4. sheps4her

sheps4her Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2008
    Guilford County, NC
    [​IMG] Hello and [​IMG] boy do you have a lot of birds!! [​IMG] I would love to have that many...don't think my neighbors would though! [​IMG]

5. PunkinPeep

PunkinPeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    SouthEast Texas
    forgive my ignorance. what do you do with all those birds!?

6. okiehen

okiehen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2007
    Oklahoma
    [​IMG] and hello from Oklahoma [​IMG]

7. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Glad to have you with us WELCOME!!!!, come check out our okies in the BYC thread, it is home to all of us OKIES.

AL

8. chickens 4 2

Mar 27, 2009
    Gore, OK
    Yeah, that's a LOT of birds!!! What we do with them - spend every free second we have taking care of them. No, really, we have them all separated by breeds (and some younger by sizes) and we collect the eggs and hatch them. We hatch appx. 200 eggs a week...and that's not including quail eggs, which we are getting sometimes 25 eggs a day. We have a building with boxes (9) in it that all the chicks live in. There, they stay until either they get big enough to go outside, someone comes here and buys them, or they go to a sale.
    We both work at the same place (12 hr. shifts) and often hardly have time to get everything done. It takes a lot of time but it's a lot of fun...and a lot of work.

9. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Welcome from NM

10. PunkinPeep

PunkinPeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    SouthEast Texas
    Yeah, that's a LOT of birds!!! What we do with them - spend every free second we have taking care of them. No, really, we have them all separated by breeds (and some younger by sizes) and we collect the eggs and hatch them. We hatch appx. 200 eggs a week...and that's not including quail eggs, which we are getting sometimes 25 eggs a day. We have a building with boxes (9) in it that all the chicks live in. There, they stay until either they get big enough to go outside, someone comes here and buys them, or they go to a sale.
    We both work at the same place (12 hr. shifts) and often hardly have time to get everything done. It takes a lot of time but it's a lot of fun...and a lot of work.

Wow! I'm impressed! It is ok if i ask if they earn their keep money wise? I have 6 babies, and i'm nervous about taking care of them. You wouldn't even notice them. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by