Hello from Oklahoma!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jtallant, Feb 21, 2012.

1. jtallant

jtallant Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2012
    OK
    Hello all,

I had such a great time reading all the posts I just had to join. I'm sure I'll learn SO much from everyone :)

I currently have no chickens, but my order is due next week with 10 giants, which I am so excited about. I ordered them from Ideal. I am not new to chickens, but my old flock consisted of your basic breeds, Rhode Islands, a few bantams, etc. I needed to re-vamp my chicken yard after a particularly harrowing year of tornadoes and what not so now I'm ready to get back to it. I have 2 ducks and a goose currently residing in the chicken yard. I am not sure what the goose is, I received him from a lady who was using a hotshot on him (of all things!) because he "chased her." He doesn't chase me, and is not agressive at all, so poor thing, I think this lady was just afraid of him for no reason and I'm sure the hotshot did not help matters. I have 3 goslings coming in my order too, so he will have some company to suit him better than my 2 elderly ducks. Besides all that, I have 9 dogs, 3 cats, a macaw, and some finches. I hope there are some Jersey Giant owners out there to chat with. as I don't know a thing about this breed other than I have always always wanted some, they are so beautiful!

2. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

[​IMG] From Kansas!

3. mefordz

mefordz Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2008
    wagoner okla

welcome! come on down to the okie thread and say hi!

let us know where you are and what you "might" not need in the way of chickens. we can surely fix you up!

4. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

5. wekiva bird

wekiva bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    South Carolina
    [​IMG] and [​IMG]

6. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us. Great choice with the Jersey Giants. We have three, and they're the sweetest birds. Good luck with them and the goslings[​IMG]

7. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

8. jtallant

jtallant Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2012
    OK
    Wow, warm welcome--thanks! Now to prowl around to find the Oklahoma thread before heading off to work. [​IMG]

9. DDNONIN2016

DDNONIN2016 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2012
    SW Ohio
    Hello and welcome from Southwest Ohio

10. MSDeb

MSDeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BackYardChickens

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by