Hello from Oregon!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by educate2inspire, Mar 23, 2013.

1. educate2inspire

educate2inspire Out Of The Brooder

Jan 12, 2012
    The Dalles, OR
    I am new to this chicken raising thing, with a lot of years under my belt of considering/planning to raise chickens. We have seven cute little chicks, and since for now I do not have a signature yet I'll tell you what they are- 1 Rhode Island Red, 2 Barred Rocks, 2 Australorps, 1 Golden Laced Wyandotte, and 1 Welsummer (hopefully...)

There was a gigantic mix-up where I purchased her... Someone (not an employee) had taken it upon themselves after the chicks arrived to take the 25 Welsummers out of their brooder and put them in with the 25 Speckled Sussexes. An employee figured it out after I'd been told over the phone that they had Welsummers and arrived five minutes later to an empty brooder. I left with only my Wyandotte and when I returned twenty minutes later to get a second GLW I saw a whole bunch of chicks in the Welsummer brooder!! [​IMG] Well, after I'd left the first time they saw that they were not sold out and that there were 50 chicks where there was supposed to be only 25, the employees had started sorting them but were very uncertain of how to tell the difference because they really do look similar. I spent more for the Welsummer than I would for a Speckled Sussex, but I really hope she's a Welsummer because my husband really wanted one of those!! Anyway, I am loving raising these chicks!!!

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

3. kadizkidz

kadizkidz Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2011
    Wisconsin
    WELCOME [​IMG]Chickens are addicting. I LUV Silkies.

4. LovePolish2

LovePolish2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2012
    Missouri
    [​IMG]Welcome from Missouri

5. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!! [​IMG] Glad you joined us!! [​IMG]

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas, educate2inspire, and [​IMG]! Happy you joined us! Hope you end up with the chicks you wanted. Good luck and have fun!!

7. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by