Hello from Ozark, Mo

bizybea

Hatching
7 Years
Sep 23, 2012
It all started 10 years ago when my mom found a stray bantam chicken in her back yard. She kept it contained thinking someone would come looking for it, but after a couple of weeks, she said here you all live in the country. So I took the little girl home. I knew nothing about chickens.lol But she was a great teacher, and have been hooked ever since. I have 8 hens ( 5 Bantam Cochins and 3 Silkies ) and 4 new youngsters 2 Bantam Cochin Frizzles and 2 Silkies. Not for sure there sex yet. I've learned not to jump the gun on that.lol I'm a pet groomer by trade, animal lover by nature. I'm owned by 7 rescue dogs and 8 cats.

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

It all started 10 years ago when my mom found a stray bantam chicken in her back yard. She kept it contained thinking someone would come looking for it, but after a couple of weeks, she said here you all live in the country. So I took the little girl home. I knew nothing about chickens.lol But she was a great teacher, and have been hooked ever since. I have 8 hens ( 5 Bantam Cochins and 3 Silkies ) and 4 new youngsters 2 Bantam Cochin Frizzles and 2 Silkies. Not for sure there sex yet. I've learned not to jump the gun on that.lol I'm a pet groomer by trade, animal lover by nature. I'm owned by 7 rescue dogs and 8 cats.

If they are feathered in. Telling the sex is as easy as looking at the saddle feathers ( right in front of the tail ) tapered cock. wide and rounded pullet.
Greetings from South Carolina.
What a great way to get started..
Thank You Mom!

Hello and greetings from Kentucky! You might want to post images of your undecided chickens in the What Breed or Gender is This? section right here at BYC! Everyone is very knowledgeable and might be able to help you.

The Silkies are just poofy , and the Frizzles feathers are going every which way.lol

Back
Top Bottom