1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

hello from Pakistan

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MrsAhmed, Jan 12, 2014.

1. MrsAhmed

MrsAhmed New Egg

Jan 12, 2014
    Hello everybody,
    i live in Pakistan. and have recently started keeping some chickens (3 weeks ago). there are four of them. 3 hens and one rooster. i live on topmost floor of a building so i have kept them on the roof. my three children and i take care of them. they have started laying eggs! they are local breeds. my kids have named them :). i already have taken some good tips from this website, hope to learn more inshAllah.

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC!

3. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! That is a neat way to keep chickens in the city, great they are already laying eggs for you.

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hi there, [​IMG] and welcome to BYC!

Great to have you aboard and enjoy BYC!

5. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

[​IMG]

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC. Can you post pictures?

7. MrsAhmed

MrsAhmed New Egg

Jan 12, 2014
    Thank you Kelsie. Yes i was pleasantly surprised myself.For a long time i thought i'd wait till we get a house with a garden and then i'll keep chickens but one day we just suddenly decided to keep them on roof and it worked! The only fear i had was them jumping off the roof. They actually did! 3 of them tried. but they would spread their wings and land like a parachuter! They gave us quite a scare:)

8. MrsAhmed

MrsAhmed New Egg

Jan 12, 2014
    thankyou for the warm welcome everyone, i will try to take some pics and post them when i get back from work this evening InshAllah

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] I pictured the same thing in my mind, them jumping off the roof. I'm so glad they didn't get hurt. It would have scared me quite badly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by