Hello from Pennsylvania!

kalbach8

Chirping
6 Years
Feb 12, 2013
PA
Glad to join and be a member of BYC! I joined to learn some things about raising chickens to make sure they are happy and healthy. I'm married and a mother of 2 children. We have a small assorted backyard flock of 9 chickens(1 rooster and 8 hens) at the moment. Sometime soon I would like to try and hatch some eggs with an incubator that I purchased used. It is the square foam with air and a turner. Just not sure yet what kind we would like to hatch. My kids are in 4-H and would like to show them at our fair in the fall.

Last edited:
hi and
welcome-byc.gif

Anyone have an idea on the best way to get eggs for our 1st try at hatching? I've seen alot of nice breeds and eggs on here but I don't want to pay $45 for a dozen eggs(not saying that's a bad price) with shipping for out first time hatching and messing it up and wasting my money. We have 9 chickens at the moment that are standard size but are a mix & match of breeds and we wanted to try and get something to hatch that are not mixed for the girls to show in the fall at the fair.

Welcome to BYC. Locate the "Pennsylvania" thread in the "Social" forum. Perhaps someone there can help you with moderately priced eggs.

Back
Top Bottom