1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from Pensacola & Westville, Florida

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AugeredIn, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Hello all. Long time lurker and not new to poultry but moving to the deeper end.

We live primarily in Pensacola but have a farm north of Westville. My ten year old daughter has discovered the farm is a great place to be with much more to do than she originally thought. She just finished raising six khaki campbell ducks to be large enough to move into the pond and she has discovered the "pretty" chicken varieties.

We are close to finishing a new coop/run and will be posting that elsewhere when we hit the ten post requirement. We are not sure what to fill it with yet.

Look forward to talking with more of you online and at North Florida chicken swaps perhaps.

Phil

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

3. whiteflare

whiteflare Out of the blue

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    Hi, Phil! [​IMG]
    [​IMG] from Australia!

When I was a lil' kiddie, my parents would take me to the farm nearly every week. It was one of my favourite places, I probably knew the layout of the entire place off by heart...
    Yes, the farm was a good place to go when I lived in the city. I loved the poultry especially, they'd let us see the nesting boxes so I'd always go scouting for eggs. Once we found a goose egg in a shallow section of the river... my dad climbed down the hill to pick it out for me.

I tried, and failed, to hatch it under my jumper [​IMG]

Good times!

Anyway, hopw to see you more around the forum [​IMG]

4. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from a neighbor in Coffee County, Alabama. We used to have a vacation place on a lake in Vernon, FL & we always went through Westville & Caryville on the way down. There's some gorgeous land down that way. Glad you joined us [​IMG]

5. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!

6. Thanks all. Weimarmama, a lot of my family's past generations spent a lot of time in Coffee County.

7. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. [​IMG]

8. goldfinches

goldfinches Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Maryland
    [​IMG]

I spent quite a few years in Pensacola while in college. Lovely town in most areas [​IMG]

9. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Quote:It's a small world, isn't it? Well, I bet some of my family might have met your family, especially if they were in Elba or New Brockton a lot. Seems like everybody knows or is related to everybody in our area [​IMG]

10. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Hi Phil! [​IMG] from S. Florida, to another Floridian!! [​IMG] Its great to have you here with us!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by