Hello from PG, NC

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by pea and carrot, Jan 23, 2015.

1. pea and carrot

pea and carrot Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2015
    Hello , New to the backyardchicken. Our names are Danah & Gary we live in Pleasant Garden NC.
    Had chickens several years ago.Golden Sebright Bantams to be exact. Starting over with a new place.
    We plan on building a new coop and getting Rhode Island Reds and or Cochin chickens.

Thanks for your time,
    Pea and Carrot

2. Twistedfeather

Twistedfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    Oregon
    Hello and welcome to BYC! I hope you'll enjoy it here. Did you enjoy your Sebright bantams? It sounds like you got it almost all planned out with the Cohcins or the Rhode Island Reds. What exactly are you hoping for out of these two breeds? Show? Egg? Meat? Pet?

Enjoy your stay!

3. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] I'm glad you joined us!

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    WELCOME TO BYC GLAD YOU JOINED THE FLOCK[​IMG]

5. pea and carrot

Jan 20, 2015
    Thanks for the reply back. I did enjoy the sebrights and unfortunatly so did the raccons or foxes. They killed our entire flock.
    So starting over with a bigger better more secure coop with more land and out of the city. We are wanting bigger chickens for bigger eggs .We are trying our hand at home steading also. Any info on diffrent egg layers? Friendy girls that are good layers and if they want to be my pets thats fine with me too.[​IMG]

Thanks

6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC, Danah and Gary. Glad you decided to our flock. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting your coop built and in getting your flock.

7. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    I'm so sorry about the loss of your Sebrights. It's always sad to lose some of our flock. I would recommend Black Sex Links (Black Stars) for your new chickens as they are hardy and friendly, egg laying machines. I've raised them for years (along with dozens of other breeds and hybrids), and they have been my best layers, consistently churning out more than 300 eggs per hen per year. Whatever breeds or hybrids you decide to get, good luck with your flock.

8. pea and carrot

Jan 20, 2015
    ok thanks for the info. we thought about red sex linx too. But I will do my homework before getting anything.
    I will read about the black sex linx. i am assumming the only difference between red and black sex linx is color ?

9. pea and carrot

Jan 20, 2015
    Thank you very much.

10. pea and carrot

Jan 20, 2015
    Thank you very much.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by