1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from Philadelphia

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by joshso, Apr 5, 2016.

1. joshso

joshso Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2016
    Philadelphia, PA
    For those that know the Philly area we're actually in Central Bucks County...we moved out of the city last September.

My wife and I just picked up our baby chicks last Wednesday. We have one of each of the following: Buff Orpington, Dark Brahma, New Hampshire and what is becoming our favorite...a Silver Laced Wyandotte.

This is our first time raising chickens so we are learning as much as we possibly can. Even after talking to friends with chickens, going to a class at the local feed store, reading everything we can find, etc. We were not prepared for just how intriguing they really are!

We both look forward to learning as much as we can from BYC; I'm sure we'll have plenty of questions!

[​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC, and good luck with your chicks.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock. I love your Lab. There are also dog threads you can join. The Learning Center is the best place to start a poultry education or re-fresher course. You can put your state name in the search box and it will come up. Great way to see if any members live near you- and what is going on around you.

4. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by