Hello from Phoenix

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by 602chicks, Feb 4, 2017.

1. 602chicks

602chicks New Egg

Feb 4, 2017
    Phoenix
    We are new here & just built our coop & run, got our 4 chicks a week ago, but sadly one passed away last night. Hopefully getting 2 more on Sunday.
    Our chicks are: [​IMG]
    Blue Wyandotte
    Buff Orpington
    Black Australorp

2. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Thank you for the photos. I'm sorry you've lost one of your chicks. Are you getting the same breeds Sunday?

It's nice to have you here, make yourself at home!

1 person likes this.
  3. 602chicks

602chicks New Egg

Feb 4, 2017
    Phoenix
    Thank you, NFC! Still trying to get used to navigating this site, but very excited about networking with fellow chicken folk.
    The one that passed, Nancy was a Blue Wyandotte and she was the sweetest little thing, I believe we'll go back today or tomorrow to get 2 more Wyandotte's.

4. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    This link might help you get used to navigating around the site and figuring out different aspects of it: post #1

I've never raised Wyandottes, but they are on my wish list. Such pretty birds!

5. IdyllwildAcres

IdyllwildAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC

Sorry you lost a chick

Gary from Idyllwild Ca here

Must. Finish. Coop.

1 person likes this.
  6. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hey there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens!!! I am so glad you decided to join our big, happy family! Please make yourself at home and enjoy yourself here! :frow

~Cuz

1 person likes this.
  7. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under 602chicks [​IMG] Welcome!

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss but wish you and your little ones all the best!

Have you checked out the Learning Centre? Lots of useful information there: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    So sorry for your loss, especially since she was a little doll named Nancy. Okay, so I'm a Nancy too but, far removed from a little doll. Very glad you joined us at Backyard chickens.

1 person likes this.
  9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    PS I find the easiest way to navigate this site, is via the search box - put in what you are looking for and it should pop up for you.

1 person likes this.
  10. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas, 602chicks, and :welcome! Great to have you in our community! Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! :)

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by