Hello from Prairieville, Louisiana

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by pvilleyardbird, Jan 29, 2016.

1. pvilleyardbird

pvilleyardbird New Egg

Jan 29, 2016
    I'm new to the site and am doing research for my future endeavors.

2. Adamschickfarm

Adamschickfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2014
    Oregon
    [​IMG][​IMG] welcome to byc. I am sure you will have no problem researching. before I got my first hens I did my research Here. you can also find lots of info breeds in the breed section. what breeds are you considering.

feel free to ask questions .best of luck

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  3. pvilleyardbird

pvilleyardbird New Egg

Jan 29, 2016
    I am interested in White Leghorns and just want the breeds that can produce the most eggs.(more bang for your buck) I am trying to find someone that will sell me a few chickens that are at the stage of producing eggs. I really don't want to have to start with chicks. We are trying to get our "chickens" in a row. :)

4. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. :frow

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    For the most eggs for your money - you may want red or black sex links or Black australorps. You would want 'point of lay,' pullets or laying hens. I don't know how readily available they are and the cost would be higher than for baby chicks.

7. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome. I'm glad you find our community to be a good source of info for your new chicken adventure. Lots of info and really helpful people so make the most of both [​IMG]

Cheers
    CT

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by