Hello from Queensland !!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by samayarose, Sep 15, 2016.

1. samayarose

samayarose New Egg

Sep 15, 2016
    Queensland
    Hello everyone !
    I live out on a block of land.. And I've successfully raised chickens for about 2 years now .. This year has been the first year that my beautiful bantam mumbles started sitting and successfully hatched a little chicklin (her names prim-rose) ..
    But since she only hatched one baby we went out and bought a few other chicklins as they are social birds .. But one of my baby's has a sore on its comb .. I've looked every where and I can't seem to find information on this issue .. The place we picked them up from was a bit mangey and we actually lost one of the babies .. I have never had this many complications with my babies before so I'm getting quite frustrated .. Is there any natural remedies I can use to heal her comb ???[​IMG]

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings and :welcome. So happy to have you in our poultry community! Best wishes to you and your flock!

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    G'day and Welcome to Backyard chickens. You might also want to post photos on the Aussie thread, since they would know what medications are available and may have seen that type of lesion your bird has.

6. Flock Master64

Flock Master64 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2016
    Surrounded by the Amish
    Hello from Mi and welcome to BYC I'm glad you joined us! I'm not sure what's wrong with your chick I've never heard about something like that. Best of luck to you and your chick I hope it gets well soon

7. slowpoketx

slowpoketx New Egg

Aug 22, 2016
    Texas
    [​IMG]

8. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by