Hello from Rain Country

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by GlacierHen, Aug 19, 2011.

1. GlacierHen

GlacierHen Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2011
    I am trying to find black copper marans eggs for hatching. A description of the eggs I am looking for are the huge (don't fit well in an egg carton), round shaped (hard to tell top from bottom), dark eggs (7-9 on color chart). It would be nice if the parents of the eggs fit the French Standards also, but a slight imperfection in a parent is acceptable if eggs are very dark. Haven't had much luck on ebay. I would also be interested in day old chicks if they hatched from eggs like I described above.

Our flock consists of white leghorns, partridge rocks, cuckoo marans, ameraucanas, columbian colored bantams and black copper marans.

My friend and I got the chickens because we like them, but also so that our 10 year old sons, who are best friends, could learn about owning a small business. They do a great job helping to care for the chickens and helping to sell the eggs and they purchase the chicken food with their egg money and when there is a little profit they get to split it. The chickens are kept at our place. The partnership works great. Since our friends own half the chickens, they are responsible for them any time we are gone. We never have to worry about finding someone to care for the chickens. Chicken sharing has been a great experience for us. Also, the chickens pay for themselves.

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

3. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

5. Pretty Birdie

Pretty Birdie Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2011
    Welcome to BYC and howdy!

6. Kountreefok

Kountreefok Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2011
    Graceton, MN
    [​IMG] Hi and welcome!

7. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us. Lots of good luck in your search [​IMG]

8. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]

Imp

9. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. Hope you find what you are looking for. [​IMG]

10. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    [​IMG] from Kansas, GlacierHen! Love the name. [​IMG] Maybe because it sounds cool and refrshing - the opposite of what summer has been like where I live![​IMG] Good luck on those marans. Did you look under the Breeds, Genetics, and Showing tab?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by