1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from returning CT Backyard Chicken Mom

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chicky_mommy, Sep 10, 2010.

1. chicky_mommy

chicky_mommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Northeast Corner of CT
    Hello From CT.

My first chicken was a gift to replace a dog that I had to give up when I was 12, she was a leghorn cross and bitter bird who hated everyone but me and i was only barely tollerated and only when I had food, sadly she met an untimely death.

Almost year later I got some RIRs, LOVED them, friendly little girls but I had to find them better homes when i moved.

After the RIRs I had a Black Sexlink that I inherited from my uncle when he moved, when it seemed to me that she was lonely I purchased a young cochin who became VERY broody. she was so bad if i even looked at the nest box too long she would fly at me and jump and peck. in an attempt to break her of this i purchased some fertile eggs and let her hatch them...IT WORKED!!! although the older bird didn't much care for the babies they made a rather handsome family of 8 until the babies grew up at which point i determined i simply didn't have the space for everyone and gave each of the babies to good homes where they were in smaller flocks.

Now its been a few years and my daughter who is 2 saw some chickens at a local fair and is very insistant that she has to have one, so i've decided to get her some...but first...i need to know more about them than i did when i had mine.

-Mother of 3cats, 2dogs, a 2year old, and some fish on the way to parenting a small flock.

2. little blue

little blue Chillin' with my Orps

Jul 11, 2010
    Mansfield, CT
    hello from ct too where are you in ct

3. KimberlyJ

KimberlyJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Hello from Ct and [​IMG]

4. chicky_mommy

chicky_mommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Northeast Corner of CT
    the northeast corner

5. little blue

little blue Chillin' with my Orps

Jul 11, 2010
    Mansfield, CT
    ok

6. tobin123

tobin123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    fountaintown,indiana
    [​IMG] and hello from Indiana

7. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio.

8. Tangeygirl

Tangeygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome! I'm in the NEcorner too [​IMG] Welcome to BYC! I'm fairly new to chickens myself...we got ours a few weeks ago. Our kiddos, ages 7, 5 and 14 month twins love them [​IMG]

Good luck [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by