Hello from Sacramento CA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by DuckDuckGoosed, Jun 3, 2011.

1. DuckDuckGoosed

DuckDuckGoosed Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2011
    Sacramento, CA
    Hello everyone.
    As a warning if you think fowl are friends not food then read no further or @ at least skip the next 3 paragraphs.

I've had my little flock of 2 Pekin drakes (aptly named Lunch & Dinner as they are for food production), a Buff duck named Alice, and a Embden gander formerly known as Dinner but now goes by Golly (unless he makes a pest of himself).

They are now a month old and have nearly all their adult feathering in and have been outside in a temporary shelter consisting of a screen tent (since I haven't decided on final plans for their pen and house) for 2 weeks. I am firming up plans though and they should have their home done in about 2 weeks, as I'd like my tent available for camping.

I plan to add 3 Kacki Campbell ducks (for egg production) next week and another Embden later this month since the first one decided to imprint on me and be nice & docile (so far) so I need a new "Dinner". I had planned on 2 geese but it was supposed to be a female American or Pilgrim and Embden gander, the latter being for Christmas dinner. Oh well the best laid plans....

Some of my other hobies are gardening, sewing, beading, crafting, learning, reading, computers, bowling, downhill skiing, bike riding, camping, cooking, and saltwater fish & coral keeping (I also have 1 fresh water tank as well).

My flock free ranges a couple of times a day for a few hours and in the evening they go to their pen on their own, they're such good birds except where my garden is concerned, as they'd like to eat it and will if given the chance.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  2. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. [​IMG]

3. Unclebean

Unclebean Rest in Peace 1977-2013

Jun 10, 2010
    Tower City, PA
    [​IMG] from Pennsylvania!

4. ghillie