Hello from Sacramento, CA!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CALI CHICK, Oct 12, 2011.

1. CALI CHICK

CALI CHICK Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    Rio Linda, CA
    Hi Everyone,
    I am new to posting on BYC, but I've been reading your wisdom and advice for 6 months. Thank you...Thank you...Thank you! We got 4 Silkies back in April and really fell in love with chickens. But to make a long, sad story short -they were ALL roosters and had to be rehomed. (The good news is that we found them each pretty silkie hens...so they are happy.) My son had already joined 4-H and we wanted to have more chickens so we went a different route then the show chicken. In August (8wks ago) we purchased 3 pullets and 2 cornish cross. Wow, chickens sure have a difference in personality (from one breed to another, and we love them all for their uniqueness. We are very involved with our chicks and enjoy watching them grow and change each day. The picture shows my son INSIDE the chicken tractor (trying to be referee, I think). It's a good thing I built it high enough to climb in.
    [​IMG]

2. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from the Finger Lakes of New York! Very happy to have you with us and thanks for the pic!

[​IMG]

3. ThePigeonKid

ThePigeonKid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Ohio - Chickens 3yrs
    [​IMG]

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Welcome from a Former West Sacramentan! [​IMG]

I was absolutely amazed at the difference in chicken personalities, and also within a breed. I never thought chickens would have individual personalities, I don't know why... but I didn't. That surprise is part of why I have so many chickens now... [​IMG] I love (almost) all of my flock members. Okay, I love 'em all, but some just not as much as others. (Occasionally obnoxious little Silver Sebright rooster, George. His brother Alex is okay, but George is just too full of himself! I should have named him Napolean!)

I'm so glad you have discovered the wealth of knowledge available via BYC, and soon you'll be REALLY appreciative of the many members - some of them, individually, too! I don't know what damage I could have done to my flock if I hadn't found BYC and its helpful community!

Some of my best friends are folks I have never met in person.

6. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

7. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from WA. glad you joined us [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and [​IMG]. Glad things are working out for you! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Pride, Louisiana!! Glad you joined!! [​IMG]

10. EM Squared Farms 3

EM Squared Farms 3 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 9, 2011
    Ft. Pierce, FL
    welcome to byc [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by