Hello from Sainte-Sophie-de-Lévrard, Québec!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by guipoule, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Hello everyone! We bought a little summer house 6 years ago in order to give the family a place to meet. Nice place, nice house with few building on the property... On of them is a chicken coop, probably built near a century ago... This year my parents decided to jump in the chicken world and bought 12 chick during easter week-end. 2 Orpington buff, 2 light sussex, 3 Milles fleurs, 2 Plymouth Rock barred, 2 Jersey Giant and one Orpington blue... The 3 Milles fleurs did not make it so they bought 3 adult (Isa brown) in order to get eggs right away. Since then, many surprises and a few cocorico! We worked a lot on the coop and we are very exited to show you the images... coming soon! Happy to join the BYC.

g.

2. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    Hi and [​IMG] Sounds like a fun mix of chickens and a cool coop! You can create a "My Coop" page-- I'm sure everyone would love to see pictures. Thanks for joining us!

1 person likes this.
  3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! Congrats to you and your family on getting your chicken adventures started :celebrate You have some lovely breeds there and I hope you are enjoying them very much :D

I'm looking forward to seeing your pics very soon. Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy BYC :frow

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

So glad you could join our community!

Make yourself at home here and we do welcome you to our roost! :)

6. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Great to have you onboard with here at BYC and congratulations on your new flock. Waiting for those pics :caf

Best wishes
    Ct

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Does someone live in the summer cottage to look after the flock?

8. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined the flock! That coop sounds wonderful, I'd love to see it.

9. Some of our people are on site 4 days a week... And we have a very good neighbour who enjoy eggs a lot! We also ad a wifi camera to always keep an eye in the coop. This is very helpfull but also very fun! I can look at the chickens before going to sleep... very relaxing! I have the app on my IPHONE so I can bring everyone with me all the time! People around finds it a bit too much but it generate good jokes :) I recommand it to everyone!

10. Thanks for the hit! I will do it for sure! At this moment I try to collect everything significant... Coming soon, coming soon!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by