Hello from Sealy,TX

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Chickadee75, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Chickadee75

Chickadee75 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2016
    Sealy, TX
    I'm new to the group! Just got my very first family of baby chicks and 2 ducks. Very excited to meet everyone and get helpful tips and advice!

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and [​IMG] - great to have you onboard! Theres lots of info in the Learning Centre, in addition to threads - just type whatever topic you are interested in in the search box. You may also wish to check out your state thread as you can meet other BYC members in your area.

All the best
    CT

1 person likes this.
  3. Always love seeing people from Texas signing up for BYC!

(I'm in Arkansas, have been for 5 months and so far I'm just not impressed. Can't wait to move back!) [​IMG]

Please use BYC for all it's worth! There's lots of helpful info! These people will help if you have a question, a problem, or if you're just bored and want to see pictures of other
    people's awesome flocks and unique breeds.

Type keywords into the search bar to find information in discussions or on articles that have been written by other chicken owners (i.e. how to build a chicken coop - with photos!)

I've created a swap page and learned to trade with fellow BYC members. I've gotten help with a chicken that was injured. Even had one person private message me and walk me through
    what to do! I've taken notes from an article on how to keep water from freezing in winter.

Before you know it, you will likely expand your flock, you'll have so much fun!

Have a happy Spring!

1 person likes this.
  4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

5. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

What breed of chicks and ducklings do you have? Share a photo or two if you'd like, it's always fun to see other members birds.

Thanks for joining us!

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. Chickadee75

Feb 26, 2016
    Sealy, TX

8. Chickadee75

Feb 26, 2016
    Sealy, TX
    I think they are buff orpingtons. I'm not sure about my ducks though. I've been trying to look up different duck breeds to see if I can find out. They all seem to look the same as babies lol

9. Chickadee75

Feb 26, 2016
    Sealy, TX
    Thank you so much! Im trying to see how to post pics on here to show y'all my babies

10. To post photos:

When typing in the white box under the word "Reply", you'll see a gray bar with different icons. The icon that looks like a square with mountains is the button to upload photos. Click the button that says "Upload Files." Then give it some time to upload while you choose your size. Small is usually fine. Medium is good if you want to see more detail. I don't know why the Large option exists...it must make a REALLY BIG photo appear on the screen!

Hope that helps.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by