hello from Seattle

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SeattleChickenHead, Sep 26, 2010.

1. SeattleChickenHead

SeattleChickenHead Out Of The Brooder

Sep 26, 2010
    Hi Im from Seattle, grew up with chickens and various animals in the country, new to the city chicken thing, currently building a coop and run with 6 nesting boxes to start, hooray for the new law that lets seattle residents have upto 8 chickens! I wasnt very interested in just having 3, which was the old limit...soo half the garden shed and the area around it will become chicken country. I plan on giving them whole organic grains and grazing them on grass in a "tractor", and giving kitchen scraps.....Seems like a great site, good to be here.

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Welcome from a neighbor in Renton.

Glad you joined us here. It is a great site.

Check out the Washingtonian thread in the Where are you forum. Lots of nice people there.

Imp

3. vladchick

vladchick Out Of The Brooder

Feb 2, 2010
    Milton, WA
    Hi I'm from Milton WA. Had chickens for a year now, still fairly new to it, its a lot of fun. Good luck

4. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    Welcome from Eatonville!

5. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    I must know you... I work in Milton and grew up there.
    Quote:

6. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Hello from Tucson and [​IMG] Congratulations on the impending chickens! [​IMG] BTW, you'll only need about 2 nest boxes for 8 birds (that will save you money to buy hardware cloth!).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by