1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from Simonton, Tx. (Little town west of Houston)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by KenworthToyMan, Oct 12, 2016.

1. KenworthToyMan

KenworthToyMan New Egg

Oct 11, 2016
    Hope I'm doing this right. I'm the husband of a wonderful "crazy chicken lady" her words not mine. Guess that makes me a chicken enabler
    We have five grown & married children, four GRAND ( 5th due in Jan. ) children, two dogs, too many cats, fish ( guppies and tilapia ), my "girls" ( honey bees), her "ladies" ( 8 mix breed 2 yr old chickens), her "girls" ( 12 cinnamon queens ), 28 fuzzy butts in the brooder ( welsummer, cuckoo marans, Easter eggers, & black laced silver wyandotte), "Hal" the roster, and "Burt & Ernie" the broilers. What a zoo!!!!
    Thanks to everyone on BYC for the great ideas on coops, feeders, waterers, and "coolerbators" . I'm looking forward to getting to know y'all
    PS. If your wondering about the screen name. I am a truckdriver that hauls "over size loads" BIG TOYS.
    Jeff

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Jeff, and :welcome! Great to have you aboard. Actually, your username is one of the more understandable ones on BYC! :D. Sounds like you have quite the menagerie going! Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! Feel free to ask any questions you have along the way. :)

3. KenworthToyMan

KenworthToyMan New Egg

Oct 11, 2016

4. KenworthToyMan

KenworthToyMan New Egg

Oct 11, 2016
    Thanks, my wife and I went through Kansas on our way to a wedding in Neb. a month ago. Beautiful state So many cows! :)

5. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello, and welcome to Backyard chickens! I am so glad you joined us today, and I hope you make yourself at home! Wow, you have alot of animals! If you would like to join your state thread, you can find it in this link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread. I hope you enjoy it here as much as I have. :D

6. KenworthToyMan

KenworthToyMan New Egg

Oct 11, 2016
    Thanks I'll check it out. I have been following Sally sunshine and friends for about two months as a "guest" and thought it was time to jump in

1 person likes this.
  7. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Jeff, hope you will enjoy Backyard chickens as much as we do.

10. TexasLisa

TexasLisa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2012
    Rosenberg, TX
    [​IMG] Welcome from Rosenberg! Come on over to the Texas thread and say 'Howdy'!!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/44/texas

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by