Hello from Singapore!

Sgkamponggirl

In the Brooder
Mar 16, 2016
Singapore
Yep you read that right. I am in the sunny tropical island metropolis of Singapore. Wondering if there are any other Singaporeans on here. I just got 3 'kampong' chicks from farmart about 3 weeks ago. Got a 2nd hand coop off Carousell(Singapore's craigslist) and loving every day of this! Me & my 2 kids LOVE our cute little chicks and playing with them. One of them was hatched out of a Brinsea incubator and hatched 2 days ago! The cutest thing ever! I am wondering if anyone here is able to tell what breed of chickens they are. They are known locally as kampong chickens but I bet there's a more specific name for it, no?? Maybe not. Who knows?
[/IMG]

Hi and welcome to BYC from Kenya -great to have you join us.

The Learning Centre is a great resource, even for experienced chicken keepers - loads of info on anything chicken. https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Just type "Singapore" into the search box to see if there are other members there.

Maybe some members will be able to help you out with the breeds you have - dunno, cos if its anything like Kenya, all birds are mutts unless they are commercial. If you post in "what breed or gender is this" you may get some feedback.

The members here are amazing - very friendly and helpful, so if you need an answer to a question or simply want some reassurance that what you are doing is ok, then post away - we all help each other out here at BYC.

All the best
CT

welcome-byc.gif

We have members here from all over the world, so it wouldn't surprise me to find out we have some from Singapore.

I don't know what breed your chicks are but they are pretty. Glad to hear you are all having fun with them.

Thanks for joining us!

Yep you read that right. I am in the sunny tropical island metropolis of Singapore. Wondering if there are any other Singaporeans on here. I just got 3 'kampong' chicks from farmart about 3 weeks ago. Got a 2nd hand coop off Carousell(Singapore's craigslist) and loving every day of this! Me & my 2 kids LOVE our cute little chicks and playing with them. One of them was hatched out of a Brinsea incubator and hatched 2 days ago! The cutest thing ever! I am wondering if anyone here is able to tell what breed of chickens they are. They are known locally as kampong chickens but I bet there's a more specific name for it, no?? Maybe not. Who knows?
[/IMG]

@Sgkamponggirl great to connect. I am from Singapore too and starting on my chicken journey with my kids. Currently looking for fertile eggs to hatch in an incubator. Bonus if they are Silkie breed eggs. Any advice?

@Sgkamponggirl great to connect. I am from Singapore too and starting on my chicken journey with my kids. Currently looking for fertile eggs to hatch in an incubator. Bonus if they are Silkie breed eggs. Any advice?
Unfortunately the original poster has not been on the site or made a single post since the one in this thread. This is a zombie thread. :(

Back
Top Bottom