Hello from Sonora, Ca!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by justmekayce, Jun 14, 2011.

1. justmekayce

justmekayce New Egg

Jun 14, 2011
    Hello!
    So glad I found this place..I'm a true newbie with lots of questions. I'll get to those later..I am a married mom of 2 kids and several 4-H members who I love dearly. I started out with pygmy goats and then accidentally walked in to chickens. I love their personalities and how friendly they are. I have 6 different kinds, but I can not remember their specific breed name. [​IMG] I will have to get back to you on that! My favorite are my three baby silkies. Their names are Shadow, Snow flake and Fluffy Butt. (she's my baby!) I have 6 assorted pullets that are 10 weeks old, and 9; 2 year old layers. They get along very well with our goats. I love to see the chickens take a ride on the back of the goats or to see the chickens groom them. Our main interest at this time is simply egg production. I found this place threw google and I can't wait to get to know you all. Have a eggclent day!

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

[​IMG] to BYC from West Sacramento AND Somerset! (I'm moving up to the foothills very soon, to a house I just bought.)

You will find BYC to be a wonderful source of information on how to do things correctly AND how to fix the things you didn't do right before you checked in BYC forums. [​IMG]

The members here are ever so helpful, supportive, and certainly understanding of issues, crises, and just general sharing of photos of our beloved furred and feathered kids. Oh, yes, and the human ones too.... I have made many, many "friends I've never met" and even met some who have become very good friends indeed.

So glad you joined us!

3. The Burg Peeps

The Burg Peeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Ontario
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] fom Ontario, Canada! Hope you have a great time here.

4. MyPeeps&Me

MyPeeps&Me Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2011
    Rocklin
    [​IMG]
    Welcome from Rocklin, CA. Good luck, love my Silkies too! Ebony, Ivory and Tawny (daughter named that one)!

5. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] from Hesperia,CA and [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. FiveAcres

FiveAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2011
    White, GA
    You are definitely in the right place...there is a wealth of knowledge just a question away!!! Welcome to BYC!!

7. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. [​IMG]

8. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
    [​IMG]

9. jujubee

jujubee Feather Hill Farm