Hello from South Africa newbe

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by HoneyBall, Feb 6, 2016.

1. HoneyBall

HoneyBall New Egg

Feb 5, 2016
    HI am new from South Africa and a real newbie with chicken breeds I have bred out a lot of baby chicks crossed with rosecomb rooster, and Pekin rooster most of babies have green et and some blue feet some very beautiful colors I need Help[​IMG]please

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] I'm from SA myself. It sounds like you have an interesting cross going on there! What do you need help with?

1 person likes this.
  3. HoneyBall

HoneyBall New Egg

Feb 5, 2016
    Aah great Sumi at last,can you help me identify these chicks are and how to sex them how do I send you pics[​IMG]

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC from Kenya - great to have you join us. I think you may need to send a few more posts before you will get permission to post photos - its done to try and cut down on spammers and other morons, i believe.

All the best
    CT

5. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    You can post pics, there are limits on other things you can do here until you have posted a bit more though, as @CTKen so nicely explained it up there [​IMG]

Why don't you post some pics of your flock here, so we can have a look at what's going on there:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

You should also pop in at the SA thread here and say Hi

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/595787/chicken-breeders-or-folks-in-south-africa/0_30

We got some lovely people participating on there, not least contacts for breeds!

1 person likes this.
  6. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Yeah, sorry - I'm as subtle as a brick sometimes - its the Yorkshireman in me [​IMG]

CT

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

8. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens, so glad you joined the flock. Sumi has given you great advice - would love to take a look at your birds here or at the "What breed or gender is this,"
    thread.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by