Hello from South Africa

sparrow08

Hatching
Nov 13, 2016
Good day! My name is Carla, my husband and I live in a small town in SA. A few weeks ago we became the proud parents of ten 2 week old chicks: 5 Rhode Island Red and 5 Black Australorp. Unfortunately we lost one of each to cocci. The farmer we bought the chicks from had treated the chicks for cocci and so did we as soon as we got them, but sadly it was too late.

Anyway, moving on, 3 weeks later we're finding out that looking after chicks is a little more complicated than we anticipated, so decided to join this forum to chat to those with experience in order to keep our chicks as happy and healthy as possible.

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

Greetings, Carla, and :welcome! Great to have you aboard. There are a quite a few folks from your continent on BYC! I think there might even be a SA thread somewhere in this link if you'd like to chat with some neighbors: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you
Also, as a chicken newbie you might like to check out the awesome articles in :)the Learning Center here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
It is loaded with great poultry information. Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! :)

Hello there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! I am so glad you joined us, I do hope you will make yourself at home here. Enjoy BYC!

G’Day from down under sparrow08
frow.gif
Welcome!

I am so sorry that you lost one of your babies
sad.png

redsoxs has given you some good starting points so I will just say I hope you enjoy BYC; not only is it overflowing with lots of useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures about chickens, turkeys, duck, quail, Peas and pretty much any other feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Hi and
welcome-byc.gif
I am glad you joined us! I am sorry about your chicks! One of my chicks has had cocci before too, she didn't make it. So I know how you feel. I hope you enjoy BYC, best wishes!

welcome-byc.gif

Good morning Carla! I'm sorry for the loss of your 2 chicks, unfortunately that happens sometimes. I hope the rest of your flock is doing well and growing. In addition to the great articles in the Learning Center, you can use the Search box (upper left, under the logo) to find information and of course, always feel free to ask questions.

It's nice to have you here!

Back
Top Bottom