Hello from South Carolina !

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by bgolic, Nov 25, 2012.

1. bgolic

bgolic New Egg

Feb 7, 2012
    Got my first chickens ever end of May. Ended up getting 16. 1 died the day we got it, 5 didnt make it past the neighbors dogs, but thanks to my amazing neighbor, she actually installed an invisible fence so we wouldnt have any more dogs here. Now I have 10 happy healthy chickens ! 3 Buff Orpingtons, 3 Plymouth Rocks, 2 Partridge Rocks and 2 Golden Laced Wyandottes. We just finished their final coop, still working on the run, but for now they have amazing run setup and free range all day, laying eggs in the coops we bought, which are totally not good for them. We spent less money and it shows. So we went big time on the chicken barn, and its AMAZING ! Once the covered coop is done, they have a chicken vacation spot. My husband also just finished fencing in against the neighbors so they have nothing to worry about when they are in the woods near her house. Anyone in the Lancaster SC area or Charlotte NC area? Would love to meet move chicken converts like me !

Beth
    Golic's Crazy Farm

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

3. Courtney R

Courtney R Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2012
    Florida
    Welcome[​IMG] Nice to have new members. And by invisible fence, do u mean an electric wire?? And i hope ur chickens turn out fine :) Have a great time on BYC

4. bgolic

bgolic New Egg

Feb 7, 2012
    Hi all ! And no electric fence. We bought some really nice vinyl poultry fencing from Lowe's hardware, our neighbor had no issues with us attaching it to her fencing (which she has for her horses) and now it keeps them contained between our houses so they dont cross the line with her invisible fencing she has for her dogs (with the collars). I am really blessed that my neighbor spent 1500 on invisble fencing for her dogs so they wouldnt come to my house and eat more of my chickens. Not many can say they have a neighbor that awesome.

5. bm12171

bm12171 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 24, 2012
    Bruceville, IN
    Welcome to BYC!! I'm new also and everyone has been so amazing!! I'm loving BYC, it's amazing. Lots of great people on here. Enjoy your chickens, I know I have been enjoying mine so much!! [​IMG]

6. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan :D

7. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG] from California!

8. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Sorry to hear about your losses, but I must say it's nice of your neighbour to get the fence sorted [​IMG] Responsible dog owners are great!

9. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Beth, and [​IMG]! Great to have you here! Sounds like you have a real poultry paradise set up! Best of luck to you!

10. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    :frow & :welcome from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by