Hello from south Louisiana

fatso13

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 25, 2012
I've been watching the boards for almost two years. Learning and watching everyone's babies grow. Haven't been an active poster because I don't really have any information to share. Just keep taking it all in--well this year our African geese have been laying and with the colder weather I made the choice to incubate the eggs. My first baby hatched last Tuesday and if growing fast. It has been so fun--I am looking to add to our chicken flock and I also would like to find a mate for my turkey. Thank you everyone for all your great advise that has helped me start up my feathered family. Look forward to getting more involved and share my stories with you--and may I can help some one else one day.

Hi there,
frow.gif
and welcome to BYC!

Yes, this is the place to be when you own poultry! Congrats on the new baby that hatched!

Great to have you aboard and enjoy BYC!

Hi and :welcome

Your goose is adorable, great job on the incubating. Good luck finding all the other poultry you want too.
Enjoy the forums, we'd love to hear your stories!

Thank you all. My son got us started when he bought some chickens two years ago. We have always had parrots but never any yard birds. This has been great for our family as everyone has found a type of bird they like. My son has really started doing well with guineas and my daughter has really picked up the chickens. My husband just bought some ducks. I have taken over the breeder pair of african geese my son bought and have enjoyed hatching this baby. I have a few more eggs that all have movement that I'm hoping will hatch in the up coming week. I also look after our turkey--just need to find her a mate. We have enjoyed every minute with our feathered family and look forward to many more years.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom