Hello from Southern California!

histurquoise

Hatching
11 Years
Oct 11, 2008
Hi, I'm not really very good at introductions so I will use the template...

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Very new. Wanted chickens for a couple of years now, but have not taken the plunge. Am looking into getting a few now as soon as I can find some.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? none yet....

(3) What breeds do you have?

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Doing my research a couple of years ago. Stumbled into it online.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Art, poetry, homeschool mom, mostly mom stuff....

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Hmmm, have a family of 8, been married for 18 years, live in So cal, grew up here, spent a few years in Virginia, have a dog and 1 rabbit. Want Llamas, horses, turtles, goats, more rabbits and dogs someday....

Nice to meet you all!

Wow! Thank you so much! I hope so too!!
big_smile.png

welcome-byc.gif
From Central California!
frow.gif

I hope you can get your chickens soon! Have you decided which breeds yet?

Make sure that your coop/run/pen/range is at least twice as big as you think you'll need, because it won't be long until you HAVE to have more!
jumpy.gif

No, not really. My kids really want easter eggers to get colored eggs. I am only planning on starting with three. Still looking for a place. Heard of chicks at Wagon Train feed & tack in Orange, Ca and thought I'd call that Nature's Hatchery I read about here.

Back
Top Bottom