Hello from Southern California!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Kittyf, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Kittyf

Kittyf Chillin' With My Peeps

I have been lurking for a while, but figured it is time to join in as our 3 pullets are nearing maturity and one - Big Red AKA Kathy - has just presented us with our first eggs. She layed a perfect little brown egg on Christmas and has since given four more. The Barred Rock, Spot Aka Samantha, has given us two partial-shell rubber floor eggs, but seems to have stopped laying in order to mature a bit more. The peacomb leghorn, Whitey AKA Ashley, is still growing.

I can't believe how much I look forward to feeding & collecting in the morning and letting them into their new range pen in the afternoon. And Big Red lets me pet her!
    We live in a suburban tract house (a beautiful, fully-restored 1955 Cliff May) with a small backyard, but have a nice big coop and a fenced run which used to be our largest raised vegetable bed.
    I love the chickens and look forward to introducing 2 more into the little flock when it is time.

Thank you all so much for the help and advice. And have the best possible New Year, filled with chickens!

Kate Thornton
    Kittyf

3 Chickens, 3 small doggies, 1 senior cat, 1 senior hubby.

2. turnburn

turnburn Out Of The Brooder

Jan 3, 2012
    Pacific Northwest
    I just joined myself but welcome [​IMG]

Where are you from in SoCal? I'm originally from Whittier.

Cheers.

3. S&N Livestock

S&N Livestock Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    southern ohio
    [​IMG] from Ohio

4. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Hi Kate, welcome to BYC from Ohio! I am wondering what a tract house is? I haven't heard of that style before....

Sharon

5. CountryRoosterUSA

CountryRoosterUSA Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] from N.W.Tennessee [​IMG]
    Glad you joined up !

6. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from the Finger Lakes of New York! Very happy to have you aboard!

[​IMG]

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Hi Kittief! [​IMG] from S. Florida! Its great to have you here with us! [​IMG]

8. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

Hello Kate! [​IMG] from Washington State glad you joined us!

9. CheerioLounge

CheerioLounge Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    California High Desert
    Hi Kate! & [​IMG] from Twentynine Palms in the California high desert! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

Please stop by the "Where am I?, Where are You!" Forum and introduce yourself to the California - Southern Thread. There are several California threads for different areas.. High Desert, Inland Empire, etc.

Enjoy!!

10. OldGuy43

OldGuy43 Chillin' With My Peeps

Howdy from Austin, Texas.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by