Hello from Southern California!

Kittyf

Songster
8 Years
Jan 3, 2012
Sunny Southern California
I have been lurking for a while, but figured it is time to join in as our 3 pullets are nearing maturity and one - Big Red AKA Kathy - has just presented us with our first eggs. She layed a perfect little brown egg on Christmas and has since given four more. The Barred Rock, Spot Aka Samantha, has given us two partial-shell rubber floor eggs, but seems to have stopped laying in order to mature a bit more. The peacomb leghorn, Whitey AKA Ashley, is still growing.

I can't believe how much I look forward to feeding & collecting in the morning and letting them into their new range pen in the afternoon. And Big Red lets me pet her!
We live in a suburban tract house (a beautiful, fully-restored 1955 Cliff May) with a small backyard, but have a nice big coop and a fenced run which used to be our largest raised vegetable bed.
I love the chickens and look forward to introducing 2 more into the little flock when it is time.

Thank you all so much for the help and advice. And have the best possible New Year, filled with chickens!

Kate Thornton
Kittyf

3 Chickens, 3 small doggies, 1 senior cat, 1 senior hubby.

I just joined myself but welcome
wink.png

Where are you from in SoCal? I'm originally from Whittier.

Cheers.

Hi Kate, welcome to BYC from Ohio! I am wondering what a tract house is? I haven't heard of that style before....

Sharon

Hi Kate! &
welcome-byc.gif
from Twentynine Palms in the California high desert! Glad you joined us!
ya.gif

Please stop by the "Where am I?, Where are You!" Forum and introduce yourself to the California - Southern Thread. There are several California threads for different areas.. High Desert, Inland Empire, etc.

Enjoy!!

Back
Top Bottom