Hello from Southern California

SensoOokami

Chirping
7 Years
Sep 5, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Just thought I'd introduce myself, hello!

I live in Southern California and currently own one chicken, though some day I hope to expand and get a few more. I'm also taking care of a young chicken from my grandfather's home who seems to have trouble eating. More on that later, I'm going to take that to the Emergency/Disease section of the forum.

Anyways, here's my hen, her name is Tsubaki. She lays eggs with a lovely pale green shell (about the same color as the hay in the picture). She gets broody fairly regularly, but since I have no rooster I can't say if she's a good mother. She terrorizes my dogs when she's broody, and chases the cat whenever he so much as looks at her funny. She's the queen hen of the backyard.

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
She sounds like a real character.

Hi,
I'm a So. Cal. girl. I started keeping chickens in July. We adopted 6 layers that are about 10 months old now and bought 2 chicks. We had 2 Silver Laced Wyandottes, 2 Barred Rock and 4 Easter Eggers. We culled one of the SLW's due to injury and are still waiting for the 2 chicks to start laying, they are about 21 weeks now. Where abouts So. Cal. are you? I'm in Pomona.

Back
Top Bottom