Hello from southern Michigan!

Keely B

In the Brooder
Jun 8, 2017
Michigan
Hi, I'm Keely and I'm new to Backyard Chickens! I am an avid google-searcher and often find myself on Backyard Chickens for answers about my flock so I thought I'd frequent the site permanently.

I have a common egg-laying flock of Ameracauns, Brahmas, Plymouth Rocks, Buff Orpingtons, Black Australorps, Silver Laced Wyandottes, Gold Laced Wyandottes, and a Bantam rooster.

I downsized my flock recently as I'm on a "chicken collecting" adventure of getting all the different beautiful breeds and egg colors. I'm trying to get a very diverse, unique group.

I love my chickens, as you all do, and look forward to the comradeship of this website.

Thank you!

Hi Keely, welcome to BYC! That's similar to how I found the forum too. I raise budgies, and often my google searches for bird health or hatching information would lead me here. Never thought I would be a chicken owner back then though!

We are also from Michigan! We both grew up in the Detroit area, then lived in Kalamazoo for 10 years, and now we've been down here south of the border for 13 years.

Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

Chickens are like potato chips, you can't just have one. And pretty soon the flock size gets WAY out of control. It's called "Chicken Math"...."oh I don't have many chickens....the broodies don't count cause they are always hiding in the nest boxes....the chicks in the brooder don't count cause they aren't in the coop yet....the cockerels don't count cause they aren't crowing yet...the pullets dont count cause they arent laying yet...so really I only have a handful of birds!!"...when in actuality you have over 100 birds. :lau

Enjoy all your poultry adventures and welcome to our roost!! :)

Back
Top Bottom