Hello from southwest Colorado

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by flock-mama, Jun 1, 2008.

1. flock-mama

flock-mama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2008
    Bayfield colorado
    Hello! Just wanted to get my area on here. Hope everyone is as happy as I am with my chicken family!!!! Waiting for mama chicken to hatch 5 eggs! Maybe 1 more week. She had been missing for 2 weeks, when I found her she had been sitting on eggs. I hope they are good eggs! My chickens free range so I call them my mobile flower garden! lol!

2. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    [​IMG] Good luck to your Mama chicken!!!

3. megshenhut

megshenhut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2007
    Central Colorado
    Welcome and greetings from Central CO. I hope your momma hen does a good job. I'm glad you can let yours free range. We did ours for a couple years until the fox population moved in. This spring we have a moma fox with four kits under the neighbors shed. No free ranging this year. What kind of chickies will she be hatching?

4. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I was born and raised on the western slopes of Colorado. I am in Virginia now, but still wanted to say, "Hello!" beings that is my native state and all! Glad to have you here on BYC! Welcome!
    [​IMG]

5. flock-mama

May 30, 2008
    Bayfield colorado
    The mama who is sitting is a black australorp, she has 5 or 6 eggs under her. Roosters are turken, RIR, or a mixed easter egger, and maybe feather footed. I am so excited to see what is hatched. I am from central California 4 miles from the beach, but love the mountain life! [​IMG]

6. megshenhut

megshenhut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2007
    Central Colorado
    Please let us know when your chickies hatch. I have australorpes and several crosses from my austra hens. They are great birds.

7. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Welcome from another Coloradoan.

Can't wait to see picts of your new little ones. I have an Australorp hen who has been sitting for 22 days now and just hatched one yesterday. I'm waiting to see if anymore hatch.

8. flock-mama

May 30, 2008
    Bayfield colorado
    Yay! She did it! 8 out 11 eggs hatched! They took 3 days to hatch out! Other 3 eggs were dead from start. Thats ok, I wasn't planning to have babies this year at all. What a nice surprize!
    This is where she was in my yard.
    [​IMG]
    In the nursery.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I LOVE MY CHCIKENS!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by