Hello from Spotsylvania, VA

I can’t seem to post unless I copy it from Word and paste it in real quick. New to the thread and to raising chickens. I think I inherited two Black Breasted Red Old English Game Bantams and five Sex linked hens. At least that is what I was told they were. Very good info here and will be returning often!

Hi there,
frow.gif
and welcome to BYC!

Good luck in all your poultry adventures and enjoy BYC!

Thanks folks! The kiddos are loving the new girls but my two roo brothers appear to be not as nice and are always picking at each other. I would like to separate the Roos and give one away but I am concerned about more stress to the flock. Any ideas would be helpful. I don't want to lose both Roos cause they rip each other apart.

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! It will probably cause less stress on the flock if you separate or place one or both of the roosters since them fighting and chasing the hens probably upsets everybody more than if you remove a roo or two. With two roosters and five hens total? you are probably a little short on hens, the usual recommendation is somewhere around 8-10 hens per rooster or the girls tend to get over mated and wind up with missing feathers etc.

Back
Top Bottom