Hello from Stewart Farms

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Stewart Farms, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Stewart Farms

Stewart Farms New Egg

Jan 4, 2017
    Stewart Farms is a small operation and we have about 24 hens with 1 roo. Currently we have a Hen house to small for all of them but I am collecting cider trees and limbs to build the new one. We are all ways looking for new ideas but currently we are going to build a new coop and get about 25 more chickens working our way up to 100. I am have been around chickens all my life growning up on a farm but my husand is still learning, (city boy).
    As for the hens we have 4 rhodeland reds two years old, 10 we have no idea but they lay brown egges ( which are last winters chicks, 11 welsummers and the roo is also a welsummer (year olds).
    All lay brown eggs whick is the only eggs my husband eats, he says they test better.

I pray for all to have a safe and Blessed New Year.

Stewart Farms

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC.

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Stewart Farms, and [​IMG]! Great to have you with us! Best of luck with your coop construction and flock expansion!!

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Stewart Farms [​IMG] Welcome!

Best wishes on your venture.

I hope you enjoy BYC. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

5. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC!
    Sounds like you are on your way to a grand adventure with the new coop build -- since you plan to continue growing your flock I'd build for your maximum intended flock size now as it is much easier (and more affordable) to do it once rather than having to be back in this same position again next year with needing to expand yet again.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

7. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

And a happy new year to you also!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by