Hello from Sunny (but cold) Northern Cali!

Motomommy79

Hatching
Feb 23, 2015
Hi! My name is Christine and I am in Northern California.
I started the year off with 2 RI's and 2 BA's and as of today I only have 1 RI and 1 BA.
We got husky pups in December and two of our girls met their fate when they broke into the dogs kennel. Yes, they broke in :-( Hopped up on our picnic table and let themselves in)
This last Friday, our BA fell ill and I currently have a tread open looking for help for that poor baby, so we could have one RI left shortly here :-(
Im looking forward to sharing my chicken journeys with everyone here.

Cheers!

Sorry to hear SAD news. Not much you can do to self inflicted incidents. ( the 2 jumpers ) If you do end up with one hen , then you will need to get her some company. They don't like solitary lives. You can limit chickens from flying into dog kennel by trimming their flite feathers. This is not always a good thing because it also limits their ability to escape predators quickly. Its a give and take situation.
BUT MOST OF ALL
welcome-byc.gif

Hello and Welcome to BYC! We're glad you decided to join! Feel free to ask any questions you may have, this site is loaded with lots of useful information, I'm sure you will find answers to all your questions here!
frow.gif
Sorry for your loses!
welcome-byc.gif

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Sorry you have had some trouble with things. I sure hope someone can help you with your sick BA soon.
hugs.gif

Make yourself at home here and we do welcome you to our flock!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear SAD news. Not much you can do to self inflicted incidents. ( the 2 jumpers ) If you do end up with one hen , then you will need to get her some company. They don't like solitary lives. You can limit chickens from flying into dog kennel by trimming their flite feathers. This is not always a good thing because it also limits their ability to escape predators quickly. Its a give and take situation.
BUT MOST OF ALL
welcome-byc.gif

Thank you for reminding me that our last RI will need friends if we lose our last BA (her name is happy feet) I hadn't played the scenario out that far in my head yet. Ive just been worrying about how to treat Happy Feet at this point.

Welcome to BYC.
frow.gif
I'm so glad you joined our community!

I'm sorry for your losses!
hugs.gif
I hope your Australorp turns out all right and can return to her friend soon.

We will all be here for you
highfive.gif
, so sorry for your losses!
hugs.gif

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined this awesome community! This is a very useful website and even saved some of my ducks/ducklings and chicks/chickens
jumpy.gif
! Hope your hen gets better and have a great day!

Back
Top Bottom