Hello from Sydney, Australia

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TillerFamBam, Jun 20, 2016.

1. TillerFamBam

TillerFamBam New Egg

Jun 20, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi! We have been chicken owners for 7 years, just got three newbies. My husband has always been the #1 chicken man so thought I would get more involved this time around.... Thanks for having me on here :) jess

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Jess and [​IMG] - glad that you have joined us. After 7 years of keeping chickens, i am sure that between you and your hubby, you have lots of experience that you may wish to share here on BYC. There are threads on many subjects - not just chicken or fowl related, so please make yourself at home and enjoy yourself.

All the best
    CT

3. Jucodeo

Jucodeo The Sky is Falling!

Jun 15, 2016
    [​IMG] and [​IMG]
    Hey Jess! Since you are new to chickens I will leave you the link to the most prominent learning area on this site our Learning Center a place with updated articles for old and new chicken raisers! https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center I hope you enjoy BYC and make sure to post pictures of your flock and give us updates on how you are doing here https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/40/family-life-stories-pictures-updates Maybe if you look at all of our awesome articles and ask enough questions you will be able to overthrow your husband as "chicken master" lol. All the best of luck to you and your flock!
    Justin [​IMG]

4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! You sure have come to the right place for all the learning, I'm sure you will give your husband a run for his money very soon! I see you posted another thread about your new birds and asked what your blue bird could be. I believe it could be a bluebell. A hybrid hen that should be a great layer. You can also pop by the what breed gender section with your pic as I'm sure members will be able to offer you more advice. Here is the link ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

5. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

6. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

So glad you could join our community!

Make yourself at home here and join in on all the chicken chat!

Welcome to our roost! :)

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    G'day and Welcome to Backyard chickens. Great to meet you Jess. Hope you enjoy BYC as much as we do. You may also want to subscribe to "Australia, six states and one funny little island," the Aussie thread.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by