1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from Sydney

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Tillicans, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Tillicans

Tillicans Out Of The Brooder

Dec 27, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    Greetings from Sydney. I'm new here so will take a while to get accustomed to your site. I have three chickens in Suburbia Mosman Sydney. Love my chickens. One is broody and close to hatching time very excited. Look forward to learn more.

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
  3. Tillicans

Dec 27, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    Just a quick question. How do I access the site, through an App?

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day neighbour [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy BYC. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

5. Tillicans

Dec 27, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    I was going nuts trying to find info about how to care for a broody hen, so many different opinions. Its overwhelming. I'm new to chickens and their behaviour, I've always thought prevention is better than cure. I still believe this as I am a natural freak. But will use the heavy stuff to fix a situation non the less..
    Yes I think I will enjoy this site. thanks for the warm welcome.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    G'day and glad to have you join us at Backyard chickens. I am very much computer impaired. I find the best way to navigate the site, is by using the search box. For instance

put "Caring for broody hen." in the search box and see what comes up. No cell phone so I can't do apps.

7. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  8. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Howdy! Chicks on the way? How exciting!

9. Tillicans

Dec 27, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    Hello the old chick loved you narrative on your website how gorgeous they all are. My first chickens were blackie, brownie, and Whitie. My Pekin is in broody mode, not sure if she is sick or playing. Had some yogurt from my finger this morning and drank heaps of water. Eggs due any day.

10. Tillicans

Dec 27, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    Oops wrong gal should be the golden feather from Brisbane I was referring to with all the chicken stories. Thanks for that info.i must get myself some frizzles and silkies next.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by