Hello from Tacoma, WA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by scarcollector, Apr 6, 2011.

1. scarcollector

scarcollector Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    After perusing this site for about a year I finally joined. Yay! Great site, very informative. Obviously the best out there.

2. Nikkumz

Nikkumz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Spanaway,WA
    HEy welcome! Im from spanaway, washington! How's it going?

3. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] from Hesperia, Ca and [​IMG]

4. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    [​IMG] [​IMG] from California

5. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama.

6. scarcollector

Apr 6, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

Hey NIKKUMZ! What kind of chickens do you have? I'm trying to decide which breed(s) to get. Any advice for breeds that do well in our climate?

7. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    [​IMG] from Indiana! [​IMG]

8. Nikkumz

Nikkumz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Spanaway,WA
    Quote:Im pretty new on here too actually, I just set my first batch of eggs into lockdown, should start hatching within the next two days or so.
    I got them locally here in graham and spanaway though and i have a few silkies, a frizzle, a sizzle, a polish, 3 blue laced red wyandottes and a few randoms im not completely sure of yet. ..lol
    If your wanting to buy chicks there is a really awesome feed store called nature boys on pacific ave and 174th thats all certified organic, dont know if you care about that ?..?
    But the lady i bought my eggs from is super cool and lives in graham, she had an ad on craigslist and if your interested in could send you her number once i find it again.

9. Country Heart

Country Heart City Girl With A

Hello and [​IMG] from California! [​IMG]

10. scarcollector

Apr 6, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Quote:Im pretty new on here too actually, I just set my first batch of eggs into lockdown, should start hatching within the next two days or so.
    I got them locally here in graham and spanaway though and i have a few silkies, a frizzle, a sizzle, a polish, 3 blue laced red wyandottes and a few randoms im not completely sure of yet. ..lol
    If your wanting to buy chicks there is a really awesome feed store called nature boys on pacific ave and 174th thats all certified organic, dont know if you care about that ?..?
    But the lady i bought my eggs from is super cool and lives in graham, she had an ad on craigslist and if your interested in could send you her number once i find it again.

Yes, I was going to check out Nature Boys. Organic is my way of life. [​IMG]
    If you are able to find "Graham Lady's" number/email I would really appreciate it.
    THANKS!
    Are you going to the Puyallup Spring Fair? I'm excited to see all the different breeds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by