Hello from Tampa, Fl.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TheJuan-n-Only, Sep 10, 2010.

1. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    Hello all. I’ve been kind of cyber stalking you all for a while now, so I figured I would register say hi. HI! [​IMG] I still have no birds; I’m actually about 7 months away from even starting to build my coop:(…but I want to make sure I’m good to go when the times comes. I have a little more about me on my BYC page….and will load pics once I figure it out (…and yes I lol’d about all the people asking about how to do it! [​IMG])…feel free to visit it.

Ok, I’m off to ask ?’s starting with Tampa’s “chicken laws” later and I’m looking to meeting you all.

2. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    Welcome! you will love it here.

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

4. TheJuan-n-Only

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    Quote:Thanks Imp, saved me a post! lol.....

5. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC from The Pampered Pullets Farm in Ocala
    [​IMG]

6. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    [​IMG] Welcome, neighbor! Love the name, too. Hope you've been lurking long enough to figure out the 'chicken math.' [​IMG]

7. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    [​IMG] from North Carolina! [​IMG]

I was born and raised in Bradenton - Tampa certainly isn't too far from there. Right after I moved to NC, the Bucs finally started to play good wouldn't ya know, oh well.

[​IMG] TaLani

8. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio.

9. TheJuan-n-Only

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    Quote:Haha, yeah...has already started....I started looking into those little tractors for 2 birds, the nah...I'll get an ebay on...then no, no I'll make a 3x4x4...now I'm up to a 5x5x6 with a run and I will be using screws on the sides for expanding...lol

10. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] I used to live in South Tampa for over 17 years, moved to WI in 2005. When I lived in Tampa one of the neighbors had 4 or 5 hens in the backyard.....I remember that another lady had a roo many years ago but was told the roo had to go due to noise. As far as I know hens are legal, not sure about #'s though. And I remember chickens running loose in Ybor City before the city decided to clean up Ybor and turn it into a yuppier area.....Good luck with your chickens!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by