Hello from Tasmania Australia

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by annmaree123, May 26, 2016.

1. annmaree123

annmaree123 New Egg

May 26, 2016
    Tasmania
    Hello from Tasmania..
    I have some very friendly Dorkings and Rhode Island Reds...

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and [​IMG] - glad that you have joined us.

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center, and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your country thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/598568/australia-six-states-and-that-funny-little-island

All the best
    CT

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    G'day and welcome to Backyard chickens. BYC has a large Aussie community- always room for more.

5. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! Always nice when birds are friendly. Some of mine are so friendly they become pests!! Always under feet and trying to trip you up!
    Have you been keeping them long?

Enjoy BYC :frow

6. annmaree123

annmaree123 New Egg

May 26, 2016
    Tasmania
    Hi,
    I have always had chickens.. I'm originally from Australia where I just had x breed chickens..
    But when I moved to Tasmania I brought some purebred Dorkings and Rhode Island Reds..
    Yes I know what you mean by chickens under your feet [​IMG]... My rooster is super friendly, every morning he comes and stands at the backdoor waiting for his morning slice of bread.. Hens are friendly too..
    L

7. Jucodeo

Jucodeo The Sky is Falling!

Jun 15, 2016
    [​IMG] and [​IMG]
    Hey annmaree123! I am so excite you are from Tasmania it is not every day we get foreigner like you! I hope you enjoy BYC and make sure to post pictures of your flock and give us updates on how you are doing here https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/40/family-life-stories-pictures-updates I would love to see how friendly your flock really is! Make sure to check out that link to your country's thread to so you can meet up with other BYC Aussie lovers! All the best of luck to you and your flock!
    Justin [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by