Hello from Tennessee (re-introduction haven't been on in a year)

Biddylover

Songster
10 Years
May 24, 2009
Tennessee
roll.png
After posting a couple of questions it dawned on me I should re-introduce myself...
caf.gif
been a year since I've been on asking questions and sharing pictures and stories. Long story short I am Shana from SW Tennessee, mom to six children (one girl that is 17 and the rest are all boys ages ranging from 15 to 3) and fur momma to a fantastic 1 1/2 year old White Enlgish Bulldog aka Old English White named Maximus (he is 100lbs and going) and presently about to attempt to do my first hatching of 12 barred rocks and 12 delawares.

When I was on before I had two Cochin Roos and eleven hens, a mixture of Cochins, Reds and EE's... that was before my divorce
sickbyc.gif
(had a house, new truck and another dog and lots of other stuff too) buttt that is in the past and I am back on here now basically starting over. From the ground up, including building another chicken coup! ACK! I have better ideas this time around though soooo wish me luck and please give me any advice needed.

Hi Shana - welcome back. Sorry to hear about your divorce and starting over but .... been there, done that and believe me, sometimes it can turn out to be the best thing that ever happened to you. If you need any hatching eggs, of any breed, just let me know and I'll be happy to send you some for free.

Monique "Ruth"

Quote:
Thank you Ruth, it is nice to hear kind and encouraging words about the big D. It's been a rough journey I'll say that much, I got smart and realized I was in a domestically violent relationship but it took police reports, several friends and Child Services to open my eyes. We are all healing, I think my kiddos better than me, I carry more guilt than anything. Counceling helps but it doesn't erase memories you know? I am trying to build new ones, decided to jump back into chickens! I may take you up on that offer for some hatching eggs! I do marvelous graphic designs if you need anything let me know I play around in Photoshop all the time, Christmas cards, family pictures that kind of stuff. Jumping back to my chickens, you know I miss my Cochins they were so sweet. I just found out my female 'slippy' (Jacob's chicken) cochin died trying to protect her babies from a cat
hit.gif
cried like a baby. Anyway it's good to be back! Hopefully will make new friends here and this time I wont dissapear
wink.png

Welcome back! We've stopped collecting hatching eggs for the year, so can't match Ruth's egg offer, but have a few odd chicks I could donate if you are ever in north Ms and need them. I went through a bad divorce a long time ago and would have lost my mind if not for my critters. Chickens are great therapy!

Quote:
ya'll are so kind! I looked at your page I love how your kiddo's are just as involved with helping out, my older kids don't care much for the chickens but my younger boys love them. I am about to embark on building my coup he he I'm sure I'll drive the neighbors crazy but thats ok. If my first hatch attempt doesn't work I may pm you and see if you still have chicks to donate. I love driving in northern MS it is beautiful, and a good relaxing drive. I appreciate your kindness, it's good to be back!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom